Happy Holidays! Thank you for another year of incredible strides for the Washington wine industry.
The next year is already shaping up to be another promising season, led by chairman Jerry Judkins-Smith (Inland Desert Nursery/Sphere Foods), vice chair Corina Davis (Merrill Lynch), and secretary/treasurer Bill Shibley (Basin Pacific Insurance).
It is because of our strong board leadership that we are able to move forward with clear funding priorities for the future: education, sustainability, and growth. We are excited to showcase these priorities moving forward, and work with our community to craft sustainable solutions to the industry’s greatest needs.
We’re looking into 2020 with great optimism but as we do, let’s celebrate the past year as we have you to thank. Because of you:
- Over $237,000 was raised to meet the industry’s greatest needs
- 13 students were awarded $43,000 through scholarship programs
- 2 industry professionals were sent abroad to further their education and report findings back to the industry to elevate our knowledge
- WSU has a teaching vineyard that provides students with hands-on training and experience
- Collaboration between grower and vintner is honored in a Washington State Wine Collaboration Series
- Industry issues are being intentionally addressed on sustainability, risk management, clean plants, winery safety, integrated pest management and more
- Growers and vintners have free access to best management practices in sustainability with online sustainability resources in “Vinewise®\Winerywise™”
- Future leaders are being cultivated with a “Grape Seat” in the AgForestry Leadership program – the only program of its kind in the state.
Our industry is thriving and will continue to thrive, thanks to you.
We are the Community Foundation of the Washington wine industry–let’s celebrate and raise a glass together at the 2020 Party + Auction!